Snowdonia Secrets, Lakes and Mountains tour example
Snowdonia: Forged by fire sculpted by ice. The stunning scenery of Snowdonia was born millions of years ago in volcanic turbulence; the towering mountains left behind have been altered successive Ice Ages to leave the dramatic landscape we see today. A land of souring mountains, deep valleys, placid lakes, tumbling streams and gushing waterfalls, there is a new vista at every turn.
Man has altered and exploited the land over many centuries. The high pastures, defined by dry stone walls, have been summer grazing for livestock and hill farming is still carried on much as it has been for generations. Slate quarrying and mining have left hteir own indelible mark on the landscape. Today tourism is a major industry and tea rooms, craft shops and small hostelries, all offering locally made and produced goods, have emerged to enhance the visitor experience.
Example of Tour
- Snowdon: the highest mountain South of the Scottish Highlands.
- Beddgelert: hear about the legend of the faithful hunting hound.
- Industrial Heritage: see the remains of the giant slate quarries and walk in the footsteps of the quarrymen
- Betws y Coed: visit the craft shops and tea rooms in this renowned alpine village
- Land of water: stroll by a placid lake, see tumbling streams and dramatic waterfalls
- Hidden gems: ancient churches, abandoned mines, charming woods and forgotten glades
Please note this is only a summary itinerary, for rates and bespoke tours please contact us.
Entrance fees to attractions are not included in any tour.