Conwy Valley Tour example
This tour is full of highlights and the area is steeped in History of the Welsh Princes. See where they dwelt and churches where they worshipped long before dominance of Edward I in late 13thc. The Conwy Valley itinerary is an ideal day sightseeing tour of North Wales if you wish to discover Wales and get full flavour of the beauty of North Wales Scenery, Welsh Culture and History.
Take this tour and you will see castles, mountains, waterfalls and dramatic coastline.
Visit interesting seaside and medieval towns time for browsing the many craft shops and galleries.
Full day tour
- Llandudno will be the first stop, a smart Victorian Seaside town with its long promenade and Pier built in the 1870s.
- Conwy next stop for a guided walking tour of the medieval walled town of Conwy with its mighty 13th c castle built by Edward I to dominate and guard the banks of the Conwy Estuary. Walk on the walls surrounding the town, stroll on the quayside see the smallest house and on to browse in the many charming crafts shops.
- Tucked in the Conwy Valley is the village of Trefriw with its 19thc Woollen Mill and ‘new’ 13thc Church built by Llywelyn ap Iorwerth Prince of Gwynedd so his wife did not have to walk up into the high hills to worship.
- Make a short stop in the Welsh Market town of Llanwrst and visit the ancient church and chapel housing the sarcophagus of Llewlenyn The Great, Prince of Gwynedd.
- Optional visit to the private 16thc Gwydir Castle and Gardens lovingly restored by the present owners.
- Onto the town of Betws y Coed for free time and shopping or take a short stroll along the river before retracing our tracks to your finish point.
- Optional visit to Bodnant Gardens
Please note this is only a summary itinerary, for rates and bespoke tours please contact us.
Entrance fees to attractions are not included in any tour.