LLyn Peninsula Tour
Pilgrims Peace and Tranquillity
Head out to this more remote part of North West Wales, surrounded by the sea on three sides and projecting out into the Irish Sea. The Llyn Peninsula is home to art galleries and local crafts, housed in tiny villages, and spectacular scenery. Hidden ancient churches make up part of the famed ‘Pilgrims Trail’ running through the north of the peninsula to Bardsey Island, the ‘Isle of 20,000 Saints’.
This day tour of North Wales is Ideal for those looking for a full day sightseeing and like a slightly earlier start to experience many of the delights.
Or to take a more relaxed excursion sit back and enjoy the tranquillity and scenery of the area from the comfort of your own personal chauffeur guided tour of North Wales.
Day Tour Example of places to see and things to do.
- Start with a scenic drive through Snowdonia and get away from the hustle and bustle of busy roads and large towns.
- Visit Clynnog Fawr Church founded by St. Beuno in 7th c soon one of the first and most important stages along the Pilgrimage path to Bardsey Island.
- Enjoy a morning coffee stop by the sea at Nant Gwrtheyrn old quarry village hidden down a narrow gorge sitting just above the sea edge and now a Welsh Heritage and Cultural Centre.
- Follow in the footsteps of Pilgrims who have stopped to pray at the small churches on route to Bardsey Island for hundreds of years.
- Walk along the beautiful coast to the small harbour of Porth Dinllaen
- Lunch in one of the delightful seaside villages of Aberdaren or Abersoch
- Visit Gallery Oriel Plas Glan y Weddw
- Stop for views of Criccieth Castle and visit the boyhood home and burial place of David Lloyd George nearby
- Optional visit to Portmeirion Village
Please note this is only a summary itinerary, for rates and bespoke tours please contact us.
Entrance fees to attractions are not included in any tour.