Snowdonia Tour Through Time, Slate,Trains and Castles
Booking your own private driver guide day in Snowdonia tour into the Snowdonia National Park offers the choice to see a lot more and enjoy a stress free day of tranquillity in the wonderful scenery of lakes, mountains and waterfalls..
We will drive into the Mountains meeting magnificent scenery around every corner stopping for photos and refreshments, when desired, in a quaint village tea room or investigate local crafts.
Visit a working farm in the heart of the mountains, see a Castle or two, ride a Steam Train and visit a Slate Quarry, all these places lending to the history and story of Wales and its unique Culture and language.
Snowdonia National Park covers 823 square miles and gives an excellent opportunity for you to experience a full day of sightseeing in North Wales past to the present or enjoy being in the wide open spaces and freedom.
Be Transported away from the hustle and bustle, for a day tour of North Wales coming from London or a longer sightseeing stay in Wales.
Day tour Example
- On this day tour in North Wales you will experience some of the most enchanting scenery in Britain, with views of Snowdon the highest mountain in England and Wales rising above the mist. Through awesome passes and past glacial lakes at the foot of soaring mountains with photo stops galore.
- Visit Welsh National Slate Museum at Llanberis to watch a slate splitting demonstration and talk to men who once worked in the old slate quarries. Learn of the Industry that shaped the later culture of the area when ‘Wales roofed the World’ and visit the typical small houses once lived in by the families.
- Ride one of the famous Steam Trains of North Wales built to haul the slate through the mountains e.g Ffestiniog Railway or Welsh Highland.
- Stop at rocky gorges with gushing waterfalls.
- Explore villages set in the heart of Snowdonia, walk alongside the river in Beddgelert or visit the Prayer House in Betws y Coed.
- Opportunity for the shopper to explore the local craft shops and galleries.
- Take refreshments in quaint tea rooms, or try our local micro brewed ale in a pub and enjoy a gossip with the locals.
- Castles abound in and around Snowdonia, finish the day and see a ruined castle built by Welsh Princes and the huge 13thc Caernarfon Castle on the same day.
There are many day tour sightseeing options to choose from, go to our theme page for more ideas or contact us with your ideas for your own tailored tour.